Sunday, January 29, 2006

Paraskevidekatriaphobia: Fear of Friday the 13th

Paraskevidekatriaphobia....
Can someone spell it for me...Because i really can't.
Though no one can say for sure when and why human beings first associated the number 13 with misfortune, the belief is assumed to be quite old and there exist any number of theories to trace its origins.
Now u r thinking why another post on this stupid phobia issue..but let me tell u this day actually proved very LUCKY to me....
Surprised, ya...i got my Job on that day...This post which i'm writting after 5 months..just tells u how frustated i was after getting 6 rejections. Felt torn apart..family, friends etc...all worried abt me and my future and also after getting Sucked up Big time in CAT and other exams, you can say that i was just broken. Then on Jan-13th 2006 the Friday i check my mail at 2:20pm and i see that the company-FUTURES FIRST (known as G H Financials-London) is visiting the campus at 2:30 for recruitment...
Neways i reached in my casuals to the Administrative block and then the placement officer yells at me. So, i change in 10 min and rush to the block again.
To my surprise there were 2 firangis, with a stupid smile. Neways the test goes on with a starter-3 min...quick maths test with stupid decimal calculations upto 3 digits. I mean around 20 questions like 1.987/6.098 i mean how am i supposed to calculate it within 3 min...20 questions...neways then came the GK round...and then Logical Reasoning....

Thats when i realised, wow 4 years of fucking engineering is of no use...to get a job u need this crap...i mean all companies TCS,Infosys, fucking Reliance, HP, blah blah..everyone has this as their Entrance criteria....
Neways we were 4 who were selected for the GD rounds...GD--Group Disscussions...Questions were like...
1. Do you want to be a Arrogant or a Passive Trader...?
2. What do you think Competitiveness does to an individual...?
3. What are your weaknesses that won't let you get this job...?
4. Why do you think you are suitable for the job...?

Most importantly we had to speak FOR and AGAINST the first two questions. The last two were strictly for 2 min..We had to speak nething but not less than 2 min...mandatory to speak for two min...Neways after this they called me in...i was just shivering and thinking FUCK again fucked 7th rejection...but then there was a PI-Personal Interview....I really don'tknow what i spoke..

I couldn't understand the English of that firangi...i guess he asked me to Tell abt myself...so i just went on....they finally selected me and they didn't even interview the other three...Well though i was very happy still i was just dissapointed by their way of selection, i mean not interviewing the other 3 in which i had one of my very good friends--SAGAR...

Well i just hope he gets into a very nice company soon....But for now i'm happy with my 2.4 + salary to start in JUNE in Hyderabad...though my dad feels that working in a financial firm after doing my B.Tech dosen't justify my Engineering but WHO CARES..??? I got a Job on 13th the Friday which i'll never forget in my life...

1 Comments:

Blogger Amod said...

congrats yaar!! you did really well in the selection process, keep it up..and these days lots of engg. are getting job in financial firm, so it's no big deal. Tke kind of job they give like Fixed Income Analysis etc. requires analytical skills and quick thinking which engineers possess, so do enquire about your job profile and tell your dad abt your responsibilities in the company. That will help, I guess.

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home